Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Dance

Today I woke up to a beautiful morning after a good-night sleep after a 27 hour day. 27 Hours! That's how long your day is when you fly across country going East to West.

This morning I am in San Francisco, in the home of one of my favorite people. So this morning I am happy! There is another reason too, though... not just that there isn't a student in miles of me, either, by the way....

Walking to the airport from my car, carrying my suitcase, I noticed something. The suitcase wasn't heavy and it wasn't hard to carry and my back and shoulders didn't ache from the strain. Then on the plane, noticing that the seats were narrow, the plane was crowded and I had a middle seat, I went ahead, knowing that even in the best of circumstances the seat belt is a struggle to fasten (I can do it, but I just didn't want to fight with it on the first day of vacation...), and asked for an extender. While I was waiting for it, almost without thinking I fastened my lap belt. No struggle. Oh My! The stewardess came to me with the extender and said, "you needed this?" and I answered, smugly I might add, "No. I guess I'm thinner than I thought I was..."

Happy Dance. And I'm in a place that is home with people I adore and I am going to the opera tonight and Carmel Valley, The Barnyard and Nepenthe on Tuesday. Top That!

1 comment:

methatiam said...

KACHING!
HAZZAH!
Good for you!
I've never even met you, and I'm proud of you!