Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Good Eats

OK, I haven't posted in a bit, school computer is being difficult about blogging and so I have to do it at home... Add to that the migraine from hell on Monday (I was in a dark room for nearly 12 hours!) and well...

Here is an amazing recipe that I tried today... I made it up, but it sounded good in my head.

Chop up and brown 1 or 2 Kielbasas then add

1 Large rough chop onion. (I prefer Vidalia) saute with sausage, then add

2 or 3 rough chopped peppers (red, green yellow...) and sliced mushrooms.

Continue to Saute.

Add 2 big chopped granny smith apples (yes, trust me...)

then season with

3 dashes woshtishire (sp?), generous dash of Thyme, Cinnamon, Apple Cider Vinegar, Dry Mustard, Paprika (spicy and/or sweet), pepper, salt, chili powder (if you like a little more pep), minced garlic and a bit of ginger.

Add 1/2 cup real apple cider and 1/4 cup pure cranberry juice.

Mix well and simmer until veggies and apples are tender but not mushy.

Serve in a big bowl with a fork.

Oh Yeah. Sounds weird, but really neat, savory and not overly sweet... Seriously!

Additionally, it needs to be said, two of my favorite lines from TV and Movie...

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all full up here!"

and

"You can't kill him, I need him for the 20% of you I can't handle!"

4 comments:

methatiam said...

Welcome back!

Dreaming again said...

love sausage and apples together!!!!

we must try this!!

I'll have to put chef Benjamin on this!

Melodee said...

Yum.

Dreaming again said...

I used this for a base version tonight. YUMMY!!

Thanks!!!