Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thoughts floating in snot…

Yes, I know that is really gross. It’s true, but it’s gross. It’s funny, all the things you think about when you are sick, though. How rational they seem and normal. Then in the morning you think, “what?”


This week I have been sick. Thankfully, I believe it is viral, and while my sides hurt like I had a run in with a bunch of angry 2X4’s from all the coughing, I do feel better today. Whichever face is in the mirror today looks kind of haggard, but its there, so…


Anyway, snotty thoughts. (Some are half dreams, don't judge too harshly!)


If I paid my team teacher $1000 would she grade my papers this week?


Clearly the dogs are eating up my shoes because I can’t find them and the dogs are probably hiding them to use as boats.


If I have a cookie with a glass of milk that counts as dinner with dessert.


Ice cream is as good as hot tea for a sore throat.


Sudafed Shower soothers are a problem with open drains in shower tubs, so I’m gonna take a colander, put the tablet in there and hold it in front of my face and breath while sitting in the shower… however, it is harder to get it wet that way to ephervess, so I will have to periodically dump water over it… (Go ahead, laugh, that’s how I used it).


The glow of the waterless menthol vapor thing from Vicks gives me bad dreams. Its glow is eerie and spooky and satanic, but it’s the only way I could breathe.


My breathing sounds so funny, with pops and squeaks and squeals and at one point I thought maybe there were tiny animals in my snot and they were trying to communicate with me through the racket (I was half asleep, affected by that stupid Vicks light, but yes I thought that.)


If I drink anymore peppermint tea, I think I may actually fart starlight mints…

However, there is nothing to wrap them in; we are out of saran wrap. (Again, it’s that stupid Vicks light!)


I wonder if I went to school, got all my kids sick and they stayed home, if they would give me the day off?


Nana is trying to smother me with her perfume… It’s a plot by all old women… Again, half asleep with the Vicks light on.


I imagine some of these thoughts were induced by the Nyquil as well… Maybe it was the real me coming through? Who knows?

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

GREAT!!

I identify all too well!

Hope you feel better fast!

Anonymous said...

Take a spoonful of coconut oil (available in health food stores) and dissolve in 2 spoons of water, warm up and add a spoon of sugar. Drink before bedtime. All will be gone in the morning.

Dreaming again said...

Hey ... I thought you might like to know. Probably more than anyone on the web.

Bj took the SRI test at school.

When we started homeschooling him, as you know, his reading was really far behind, so was his writing. As you saw, his writing vastly improved.

Well... his SRI score ...989 ... which is PROFICIENT in 8th grade reading!!!!!!!!! He's an 8th grader!!!!

I'm stunned. I'm so excited for him.

I knew that he wasn't being properly served at the old school. (my parents were both special ed teachers ...of the good kind, so I knew the laws) I wish I'd known that WE could have undone so much so quickly. I'd have pulled him out earlier.

He's got one really tough teacher this year. He's really working hard for her. He knows the difference now between tough and unreasonable. Tough ..he can handle and is rising to the challenge.

It is so good to see.

He is still wishing we were in your district. He wants you for a 9th grade english teacher. :)