Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sparks

So I went on a "date" last week. It was nice, he was nice, and I had a nice time. He's older and for all that I have Nana his life is much more complicated thatn mine. OK. That in and of itself doesn't bother me. His complications don't scare me much anyway (and it's not like he's married or works for the CIA, just so you know...) but...

Oh here we go...

There is potential there, so it's not like there was nothing, and you know I don't believe in love at first sight, instant chemistry or lightning...

but,

I guess I expected somthing more, a connection, a click...

Add to that, he only e-mailed once so far, three lines and no reply to my babble.

I accept complications, and I'm not writing him off, I understand obligations, but...

My gut tells me this wasn't it.

I'm working hard, I'm busy and I have a lot going on, not to mention going for me, and it's really not a big deal. I'm not upset, though maybe a bit disappointed, and I'm not sulking, fretting or pineing...

But in the absense of the sparks, I find that this evening I am as usualy, sitting in the dark.

If this was what was nessesary to clear out the cobwebs of past confusions, it was worth it and I'll take it. I'm used to the dark anyway.

But I was hopeful.

No comments: