Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sabatoge

So today was a long day. I start teaching at 7:20 every morning. I usually get to work at about 6:35. That means I leave home no later than 6:00. I get up anywhere between 5:00 and 5:30.

This morning I woke up at 7:40. Do the math...

I had decided to make lunch for everyone at work. There was to be a big pot of chilly, my "orange soup" and chicken soup. Luckily the first two were done last night and already set up to go...

Then I had an off day... Though a friend of mine pointed out if I laugh this much on a bad day, maybe I don't really know what a bad day is... Maybe there is something flipped in my head? God only knows,

Anyway!

Then I went to work out and I did my cardio and the trainer and I started to talk. We talked for an hour. She has a theory. Not sure how I feel about it. She feels I am not really giving this my everything and that I am sabotaging myself and holding myself back. OK.

I think she is right.

This WEMT thing was a real eye opener for me in some ways. For the most part in my life there is nothing that I want to do that I can't do... But in the class I just couldn't do the things I wanted to do. My head was in the game I had the knowledge, but when push came to shove I couldn't do the physical stuff. It didn't ruin the trip, I'm glad I went, but, well, it was humiliating. They were all so nice and encouraging and supportive, and so many of them were in bad shape as well, and of everyone there I could do the least physically.

So my trainer and I are going to re-evaluate and try again. We are starting over. Friday we are going to redo all my baselines and see where we are. Monday I go back to 2000 calories a day, everyday, no exceptions until I go to see my brother for X-mas.

The questions remains though, as to what I really want and am I ready to get it? I turn 32 in a bit over a month. It should be time already...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my condolences on the 'over sleeping'...unfortunately I've done the same a time or three....what a way to wake up---go from comfortable sleep to wild panic in 2 seconds!!

Good luck with your trainer...from what I've read you don't seem to be a woman that has problems with getting what you want. Of course, there IS the little problem of deciding what it is that you do want...... If life came with instructions it wouldn't be so entertaining, would it??

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what is in orange soup?