Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Dear!

Today in class a student announced,

"O-M-G! That is so weird! L-O-L!"

My children are speaking in text.

Then on the Burger King Billboard on the main thoroughfare through town it said

Stake Biscits for Brakefast!

But best of all.

I said to my mom, in regards to Nana,

"Remember, whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me."

Nana stood up and announced.

"Come on Susan! It's time to give Baby Jesus a bath!"

My little brother turned 30 last week. I find that more upsetting than my own 33rd birthday yesterday... Then I also realized a dear friend, who I remember as a sweet little thing turned 18 last week too...

OMG!

2 comments:

Snow said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

Prospero said...

ROTFLMAO! Baby Jesus needs a bath! I love Nana. But yes, I have to agree that the world is in a dreadful state when people can't spell the words they use every day and teenagers are more proficient in speaking in two to five letter codes and acronyms than normal, or slang infested, verbiage.