Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Growing Up

So yesterday I took the plunge and started putting together plans for retirement. 30 years from now, I might add... Figuring out how much I need to put in each year to get out what I want in thirty years for the last thirty years of my life. It's humbling and amazing to see the math work. All those numbers, all this planning and it all determines whether I eat peanut butter everynight for dinner when I retire or filet mignon.

I never wanted to think about that stuff before. When I was in my 20's I felt too young, but I knew I would have to consider it eventually. Now watching Nana and helping her with her finances I know how important it all is. I feel really grown up today.

By the way, this whole interest/compound interest thing is awesome. I mean I hate math, but I could play with this all day!

No comments: