Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Don't Drink the Water...

My life, lately, has become full of pregnant people. This is actually a rather disturbing trend, really. All these women who work with me, go to church with me and e-mail me want to tell me all about, or have me feel or have me come to a shower for their baby. Just to sum up work...

Robin: She's my team teacher. Wonderful lady and great friend. This is her third. She tried to keep it a secret, actually, from everybody. Other than her husband and her doctor I was the first to know, and only cause I guessed. There are still many who don't know, including her parents and parents in law. The baby is due in July. She is already showing and people still haven't figured it out. It's kind of funny. The only thing is that since she got pregnant I haven't felt right. Seriously, my migraines are worse and the other day I got nauseous. I mean I KNOW I am not pregnant (Jesus already being born and all) so I have to say that this is totally not fair. If I'm going to have to feel like this I should at least get a baby when it's all over. Then I could quit dieting and feel good about gaining weight!

Hillary: She is my co-producer on 9th grade drama. This is her first. She's friends with Robin too, but hasn't figured Robin's secret out which is funny seeing as they have very close due dates. She is going to kill Robin for keeping it quiet so long and then she is going to kill me for knowing before her. Robin doesn't want her to know because she doesn't want to hear the "Oh! We get to be pregnant together!" speech... Not that I blame her.

Karen: She is my administrator and this is her second. She thinks Hillary is cute and Robin is crazy. Of course she's further along then both and keeps having to leave school for appointments and such. Having a pregnant administrator sucks. Worse, she occasionally cries. This is not a good quality in an assistant principal. It makes for strange parent teacher conferences.

There are others, but those are just some examples. Worse they are all my age and so a big part of me is jealous. Though, Nana and the dogs are plenty and I think kids ought to have two parents and well, now's just not a good time. I told my Dad that if I wanted to spend more time with my mother all I had to do was get pregnant and she'd move here. He laughed and said "She's get there just in time for the funeral. Don't even think about it." Isn't he funny? Even if I was married it would be hard for him. I mean I'm his little girl and 12 year olds shouldn't have children... (He says when I turn 45 he'll start thinking of me at 16.)

Either way, for now, especially at school, bottled water all the way...

No comments: