Monday, February 06, 2006

Just Say No

This past weekend emphasized just how crazy my life can get. On Saturday I spent 2 hours doing boyscout camp interviews, an hour getting lunch for set painters, 3 hours at church painting the set for the play in two weeks, 2 hours doing errands for "Nana" (81 year old pistol) including getting her bi weekly manicure (otherwise she bites her nails and her hands hurt) an hour and a half cleaning up around the house and forty five minutes brushing shelties in an ever useless effort to turn the tide in this war on dog hair. Sunday there was church, play rehearsal, more errands and company for the super bowl.

This morning I got up with the most delightful headache. I can't tell if it is tension (from shoulders) dehydration (from too much sugar, salt and caffeine from superbowl food), sinus or just standard stress. I'm trying to think of something for my students to do to day that is quiet, self perpetuating and doesn't require me to think or outright teach today. My team teacher wants to know why I came in today if the headache is this bad.

That's a good question. All of the crazy this weekend is stuff I have volunteered for. I even came up with some of it and then volunteered to do it. As a teacher I tell my students to "Just Say No!" No Drugs, No Sex, No Booze, No Skipping, No Crime. I think I need to remember to tell them to say no to over extension too.

Just Say No!

No comments: