Thursday, February 09, 2006

Welcome to Planet Panic

Yep, we must be at almost two weeks to go on the church play, because I am panicking! Let's see, the sets which should be nearly finished are barely started, the actors are not off script yet, we only now agreed to have a matinee on Sunday after the performance Friday, the set parts that are finished are OMG! PINK!!!! Hopefully the head pastor is secure enough in his masculinity to preach with Barbie Palace behind him for the next three Sundays. Oh, did I mention the youth pastor (and this is a youth play) announced his resignation and relocation to Oregon last night! So now I also have sobbing drippy actors who aren't sure they want to help raise money for a mission trip they may no longer go on because the youth minister may no longer be the one leading it. I am panicking now!

What possesses me to volunteer for this stuff? "You need a director for the youth mission play? Sure I'll do, heck, I'll even write it!" So now I am a teacher, pet owner, senior care giver, un-published novelist, high school drama coach (we have auditions for that production today!) and youth mission play writer, director and executive producer. I will have to send I miss you cards to my pillow so it doesn't forget me. Why do I do this to myself?

No comments: