Monday, March 20, 2006

Breaking Fast

True to the promise of the book I am 8 pounds lighter this morning than I was Sunday Morning. Now, how much of that is water weight and such and is already back by now, who knows, and while fasting yesterday was a trial(!), I feel energized this morning. So I guess this is a good thing. But I can't tell you how terrific breakfast was this morning! WOW!

Last week of school before our two week break and I am just racing through. Romeo and Juliet performance on Thursday night, no one will win an Oscar, but it should be entertaining and educational. Most importantly I think the kids learned something.

It's funny. I abhorred being told on the Church play that the process was the most important thing. Made me nuts and I tried to explain that if I (the director) attempted to produce a play that way it would guarantee that it was not good. This time, with the school group, not that I would ever say this to the kids, it really is the process that is more important. They are learning and performing Shakespeare! In the original language and further this is the first experience many of them have had with a production on this level. What a journey, and I got to watch!

Our lives are such funny things. They double back on us when we aren't looking.

The point is, in five more days, I am so outa here!

No comments: