Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Say what?

As is tradition, I chopped my hair before ascending to camp. It is now slightly above my chin in long (golden red and occasional blonde) layers. Think Molly Ringwald in the Breakfast club, but no short bangs in front. The children were all in a tissy about it.

I figured it must look pretty good when the adorable single coach who uses my room fourth period not only said it looked nice, he stopped, stared and said it a couple of times...

Anyway. Not the point of the story...

My earlier referenced student, the one who called me an "undiscovered jem" wandered into class. Dropped his books. Ran over to me.

"Oh, Miss X! I love your hair. It is so immaculate!"

I asked him if he meant to say that. Did he know what immaculate meant.

"Oh, yes ma'am!"

"Clean and Pure?" (Yes, I know of other synonyms, these two were safest...)

"Oh yes, ma'am! It is so immaculate. I just love it!"

OK.

(Somewhere, my physics teacher, and his theory about my "Madonna Complex" is laughing himself hoarse. To be honest, I excused myself to the restroom, so this poor boy wouldn't be hurt, and did the same thing.)

2 comments:

Beata said...

This is my official request for a photos. =)

Dreaming again said...

you're gonna miss that kid aren't ya?