Thursday, August 03, 2006

How do you do that?

So today one of my students wasn't in class because he was suspended. The incident happened on the first day of school. Ten buck says he doesn't last two more weeks.

Aren't I awful. I really like my kids this year. I see some real potential, but I feel kind of negative/cynical for thinking that about this kid. Did I mention he's 17 and this is his 3rd time around the block in 9th grade?

Now, I have to stop this.

Poor Robin, my team teacher. She is now a full week past her due date. No dilation. No efacement. She's actually pretty happy and adamantly does not want to be induced. She keeps coming to work and continues to work at her part time job in a garden store as well. This woman is one of those who would step into the next rice row, squat, give birth and be back at work with the baby strapped to her back. Oh My!

Lastly, I'm starting back with my trainer next week. This summer was supposed to be a real slim down for me, it usually is. Not this time. I didn't work out and I lost no weight (though I didn't gain.) If I really want to get started on my PhD next fall, this is it. I have to get down. So I am putting all kinds of things into place to make that possible. Here's hoping.

By the way. Is anyone else hot?

2 comments:

Lee said...

It is so hot here that it is crazy...I belive yesterday the high was 103!
AGHHHH!!! I go back Monday and get kids a week from then...can hardly wait.

Dreaming again said...

melting ... we've had way too many hot days over 100 ... and we got a 'cool down' of 98's yesterday and today, maybe tomorrow ... then back up into the 100's for several days (forseeable future) on Sunday.

Ugh!