Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I resign

Called Dad yesterday and resigned as an adult. It cost over $1500 to get everything fixed on my car. I told Dad I was ready to go back to being a kid and I needed him to help me figure out how to manage all this stuff. He just laughed.

Nana told me that she thinks I take incredibly good care of things. "Look at all you've accomplished in forty years." Thanks, Nana, I'm thirty.

Parent's night was Tuesday. As I was talking to a mom and her son, the dear boy looked at me and said, "What did you read when you were young." Not younger, just young. Because I'm not young anymore. Apparently.

So I am resigning as a adult. I want to go back to being young.

Oh, and this is so precious. The little boy of my trainer was trying to explain to his Dad that it wasn't his fault that he yelled and carried on last night, he had just gotten "over-exaggerated." We had a good laugh about that one. Guess you have to be an adult to find it funny though. When I mentioned it to my students didn't get it. Maybe age has a perk or two?

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

That's funny, my dad (who is less than supportive) once said You've accomplished quite a bit for a 25 year old ... Gee Dad ..thanks ...I'm over 40.

Thanks for the comments on Benjamin's site. He really appreciated it!

We're going to homeschool him till we move into the new district.

I'm struggling with decisions. With his learning disabilities and the pressures to perform he's been under ... I'm experimenting.

This time, I told him to write it, then I would correct it, and show him what it would look like correctly written ...and I got what I wanted out of him.
If he thought he was going to have to re write it with corrections ... He'd still be writing and probably crying, definitely frustrated!

Right now I'm just going for getting his reading and writing above a second/third grade level and math above 4th for the new district! (he's in 8th and 14, but that's where he tests) AND not afraid of school anymore.