Friday, September 22, 2006

Horse and Pie

Things are getting a bit wacky at school this week. We are raising money for The United Way. Teachers are involved in donation drives and such, but the students are as well. This year for the ninth grade we are having a penny war to determine two teachers who will get a pie in the face at the 9th Grade Pep-Rally next week. The teacher with the most money get's pie-d as does the teacher with the least. The Assistant Principal is one of the 14 staff who threw her name into the hat as those willing to be part of the competition. So am I. I am also running the drive.

The problem is one teacher (not me) has kidnapped the Assistant Principal's stuff horse and is holding it for ransom. The ransom, once paid will be put in the kidnappers can toward their total. The Assistant Principal thinks I did it. This is a problem as she keeps randomly searching my room to see if she can find the little bound and blind-folded horse. Now the kidnapper is sending her pictures of the horse with a pair of scissors pointed at it.

All of this is in good fun and thankfully The Assistant Principal has a sense of humor. Everyone here has a sense of humor and the jokes are starting to get slightly wild and crazy. I just wish I could convince this woman that it wasn't me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW

Benjamin

Dreaming again said...

Pay the ransom?

Sandy said...

A ransom of $15 has been demanded for the horse to be returned. The Ransom would then be placed in the kidnappers jar toward their victory...

Dreaming again said...

How about a reward from you (to be donated, of coarse) if the culprit is found?

Sandy said...

Oh! I know who it is, it was actually my idea for her to do it. It's just a bit of fun at school. The whole thing is a joke to help raise more money. I've offered an incentive for my kids to donate, a class reward if I end up with a pie in the face, so I don't need to be involved in the horse thing. I just think it's funny that the AP is convinced that I did it. She's not really mad. It's a joke... She walks around the lunch room with a coffee can that has her horse's picture attached to it and asks students to help her with the ransom. It's just a little stuffed horse doll. Very typical high school fundraising fun...

Dreaming again said...

Oh, I got that it was a joke and that she wasn't mad and that it was fundraising. (you are a writing teacher, your point was made clearly *wink wink* )

I didn't quite realize you were in on it that much.

I was just trying to figure out a way to get her out of your classroom and have some fun with it.

I can't believe I'm typing this. I hope you get the pie in your face. That just sounds so wrong. *grin*