Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Random thoughts, rants and observations

It is always disturbing to get phone calls from friends late at night. I mean, I want to talk to them, they are friends, but, it's late and I want to sleep occasionally too... Worse is getting roused once in bed, but still same dilemma... Worst is when they are calling to chew you out for not posting and they don't know what's going on in your life... I'll end that discussion there...

One friend I was speaking to misunderstood the nick-name and kept referring to my Nana as The Nana. Except, I rather like that. I may begin calling her that... kind of like The Godfather...

Nana's dog Piper is dumb... really dumb. I mean I used to tell people Roo was smarter, but they always said I was biased because she was mine and I figured they were right, but now I have proof. Dog is dumb as a sheep! I tried to help him up the stairs onto my bed and he fell backwards with his feet in the air like a tipped cow! Further ( and this has nothing to do with intelligence, but!) he bit me! Let me say again, HE BIT ME!!!! and drew blood. Now it was an accident, he was getting his treat, but my thumb was bleeding! Nana better come back and claim this dog soon...

Further, it is also disturbing to note that the house gets just as dirty without Nana here as it does with her. That means that as the person who spends the least time home, I make the most mess. I used to tell myself that I paid people to clean up my house because I had the extra burden of Nana. Now I know that I pay people to clean my house because I am a slob... or at least creatively messy.

A high up member of the Camp Staff (who is younger than I am and less educated) relegated me to furniture status last week, saying, "Sandy is simply a part of camp, like furniture." How flattering. I was tempted to ask if I am a lamp or a bed, but neither one has good connotations, so I kept my mouth shut.

(Warning, Rant Approaching) Reading other people's blogs, lately I am struck by why it is a good thing that I don't tell people my last name, don't get overly specific in terms of family and try to maintain some amount of anonomnimity. Some other bloggers don't do this and then even pick on family members when readers are very aware of who those people are and what they look like and even where they live. What kind of narcissistic whack job does that to a family member? I talk about my mom, sure, but no one could find her, much less figure out who she is unless they already know me... (And if they haven't killed her by now she's safe...) Yet I am astounded by the amount of people who are so blatant in their malice, judegmentalism and specific comments. Then they hide behind "honesty", "being wronged" and their side of the story. No matter how many people read their blog and "side" with them on an issue, they are wrong and frankly if I can be so bold, they are sinning... God does not have a blog cataloging everyone else's wrongs so other people can read it, and trust me it hurts him when we are wrong... Add to that the fact that as humans we can't be sure we are right like God can and I think we should keep our specific damning comments to ourselves if we can't make them general and "safe." I'm actually watching people get hurt, families ripped apart and it's sad... End of Rant...

Did I mention how much I love books! Coming back from this teachers conference and having so many books and so many more I want to read now, it's like all night theater in my head lately. It's a wonder I get any sleep for my friends to interrupt late at night...

No comments: