Friday, January 12, 2007

Demons, Flies, Plays and students

Hey,

Yes, I know I've been out. Things are crazy, I can't blog at work, I have minimal dial up at home and well I can't seem to catch a break except when I'm at Kinkos on other errands...

Apparently a squirrel died in the insulation of our ceiling of our apartment. Flies laid eggs in the carcass. Now there are huge black flies pouring into the ceiling space with a few escaping here and there into the house, but they all congregate (the ones in the ceiling) inside the fluorescent light panels where they make such a buzzing racket they sound like bees. You can't sit in the living room without your skin crawling and the landlord can't get an exterminator here until Monday evening!

Mother is at it again. While she had Nana she was up to a couple of her tricks. Nana lost no money, really, but trust was abused. Further Mother managed to undermine Nana's confidence, slip into destructive behavior patterns with me and this afternoon... She called to tell me that her therapist pointed out to her how aberrant some of her parental behaviors were with me. OK. Good. Glad she learned, see that, etc. Then she went on to point out that the therapist also thinks I have the behaviors too... I learned them from mother. I've never met mother's therapist by the by, so how she can diagnose me from 700 miles away, who knows... but saying that I'm a little angry, frustrated, mortified, disgusted would not cover it.

We are starting our mission play for the church. This year I am working from scratch, writing, directing, producing. This is hard! Tonight are the final auditions with rehearsals starting Sunday...

My classes this semester are better. The kids are getting the message, but a few are still... to use my mother's new favorite word... aberrant. We'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone is well. Oddly enough, I am.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

Glad to hear that you are well!

(And ewwww, flies and dead squirrels! Yuck!)