Friday, February 23, 2007

Silliness of a Friday

Today I am tired. Bone tired. The kind of tired you have to be if you stayed up with a baby during the night. I know that is the kind of tired I am because I stayed up with a six month old. Now, the baby wasn’t screaming, crying, inconsolable, she was simply awake and happy to be alive. I was not, but that didn’t seem to bother her much.

Nora is Robin’s youngest daughter. She is an important component of the play and so she went to dress rehearsal last night, spent the night and will go with me to performance tomorrow. She is a terrific baby, which is why I was willing to try this, but even in being so congenial, this was quite a trick. She woke up at Two AM and I was unable to get her settled until Four Thirty.

Today we are starting Greek Mythology and the Odyssey. After explaining to the class that Aphrodite came into being from the sea foam that was generated by Cronos throwing the parts of Uranus that was castrated into the ocean, I got a rather odd question. “So does Aphrodite have both ‘parts’ then? Oh! Is that where the word ‘hermaphrodite’ comes from?” That was fun to untangle, let me tell you!

Last week a child decided that they would rather do an entire project over again, one they had spent an entire week doing, rather than come back to my room and get their binder that they had left in class the day before. The other teachers think I should be proud of the fear I generate.

Two of my actors, who happen to be brother and sister, were rehearsing so loudly yesterday, before they came to dress rehearsal that their father actually thought they were arguing and was about to break up the fight.

The annually circulated rumor that I can do a one handed push up has begun the rounds in the 9th Grade Academy again. Where these kids get this I have no idea. If I deny it they don’t believe it. If I say I can they want to see. Again, one of the new coaches came by to ask me if it was true. I will neither confirm nor deny my ability to perform such skill! That is my answer and I’m sticking to it!

Next week Nana and I will be getting our meals delivered to us each day by a service that cooks meals from the Zone Diet. What does it say about me that I now have someone cleaning my house, I need a trainer to work out and am having my life catered. All this to try and lose weight. I feel slightly pathetic.

Nana may or may not have chipped a bone in her foot. She doesn’t care. She just wants to hold baby Nora and rock.

I just want to sleep.

Play tonight. No broken legs, hopefully not even a broken foot!

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Don't feel bad! You're fine! Geesh, you take care of Nana for us bloggers ;) (how is that for bad grammer ...not going to fix it, too tired ...and maybe post ambien it won't look or sound as bad?)

You teach America's Children.
You serve the King of Kings ... and you take care of friendships and you have a family that you have relationships that must be nurtured.

Let some take care of you, house keeping, catering healthy food, personal trainer. Enjoy, you're a Child of the King!

Dreaming again said...

oh, and I commented to you on my blog about son#2 and your comments on Under Cover. Long story short. They were fine!!! Explination in response to your comment on my post. But, thanks again!!