Monday, April 30, 2007

A Lot

I know it’s been over two weeks. Yet, the blog has been on my mind so much as there was so much I wanted to say lately. So a quick recap of events.


Monday two weeks ago, the shootings at VT occurred. What a horrible thing to happen. As I sat watching the CNN reports between classes, I was so shocked. Many years ago, I spent one of the most delightful afternoons of my life there on the campus in the company of a very sweet boy that I had been pen pals with for a year. He took me to the quaintest little natural amphitheatre nestled in the woods. We sat and talked for over an hour there. Either way, it is a very pleasant memory of that place. The event itself saddened me so much on so many levels, but the icing on the cake was that it marred that beautiful memory.


Friday a week ago, I had my blood pressure taken and it was 140/100. I’m on medication now. This is a bad thing. So I had to sit in the dark office for 20 minutes to see if it would come down. It did. They let me go home. Oh and I’d gained two pounds but lost two inches… Very confusing.


Saturday a week ago, Mom called. “You know if I left right now I could be there by Sunday morning.” And come Sunday morning she was. Yet it was not the disaster so many predicted. We really did have a nice time. When she started to say things I didn’t want to know, I asked her to stop, and she did and we moved on. My therapist says I get two gold stars for that…


Monday a week ago I had 5 (count ‘em, 5) Melanoma biopsies performed. Right forearm, Right shoulder, stomach, butt/lower back and behind my Left knee. These hurt! Oh, and then I get to go home to “The Queen of Oncology” aka my mother and let her spin me up about the horror that is cancer. It’s funny. She was just being a mom. That took two days to sort out, at which point I told her to quit it! All better now. I will get the results next week.


My principal caught me outside my room on my cell phone in bare feet. After my assistant principal and I got a fir of the giggles lasting nearly twenty minutes (we don’t see the bare foot as a big issue and I was on my planning) I emailed a very sincere apology admitting my lack of professionalism. Thankfully e-mail is visual and not audio so he couldn’t hear the continued giggling.


Thursday a good friend turned 21, so he called me the night before at 10:45 PM (!@#$@!#!@) so I wouldn’t forget… Though he said it was just to say hi during a study break.


Saturday I received what was supposed to be the acceptance letter for my PhD program. Only it was a rejection letter instead. I am very disappointed. I have decided to view it as their loss and tell myself God has something more important for me to do this year. Sometimes I almost believe that. It stings worse than the biopsies… It doesn’t help as much as you’d think that so many people have stated how stupid that university’s graduate program must be.


Mom left Sunday after we had a very late dinner at Sonny’s. It was possibly the best visit we’ve ever had. I may really be growing through the hurts.


I’ll try to write more this week, I promise, but…


I have a wedding on Saturday and surgery on Monday…. So we’ll see.

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

how did the melanoma biopsies come out???

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you added a blog! - Lee Anne