Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In the Court of Life

My students had a rude awakening today.

They thought that a "fun" assignment meant that they could show up, giggle, and goof off and that it would essentially be a free day. Oh my, were they wrong.

The first student or "witness," who played a character from "The Red Headed League" who didn't know the story well enough to answer a rather basic question, ended up being a bit embarrassed when I jumped in to help cross examine them.

There was a lot of rapid skimming and studying going on in all three classes.

I'd feel bad about flustering kids, but they need to learn sometime, better while with me than when it really matters, right?

1 comment:

Sandman said...

I applaud you for challenging your students. That's part of what education should be. Make them think and question the status quo. The future of this society depends on those who can think for themselves.