Monday, August 27, 2007

L.A. Law

Today in class my students read "The Red Headed League" by Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle. It's a Sherlock Holmes mystery. There has been something I have always wanted to do with this story as it is a bit dry. But until now my students were not uniformly advanced enough to pull it off.

I had the student take parts and tomorrow they are going to try the character of Duncan Ross for attempted robbery.

One problem.

These kids had no idea how a trial works or what a prosecuting (or defence) attorney is. Seriously.

Didn't they ever watch L.A. Law, Night Court, Law and Order, The Practice, my gracious what is this world coming to when kids can't even learn about our judicial system from television anymore!

Boy I can't wait to watch this in the morning.

No comments: