Thursday, September 20, 2007

Encouraged

Today I saw a glimmer. It wasn't a huge thing, but today it was enough.

It is so frustrating to work hard and be tired all the time and to make sacrifices of calories and not see the scale change. Today we did measurements. I've lost a half inch off my waist, my hips, my thighs and my calves, each.

Today, that was enough.

I think I made a genuine friend this week. One I kind of hadn't really seen coming. A confidant and a kindred spirit.

This weekend my mother decided not to come for a visit.

Last weekend I spent the day with two delightful women and the most delightful little boy at an open air blue grass concert.

Today I decided to plan a surprise 50th Birthday Party for a wonderful man. Other people want to help.

Yesterday I got an iPod.

Today I spoke to a terrific young man on e-mail.

Today I taught great kids how to write sonnets.

So today, I was encouraged.

Today it was enough.

Today I got to talk to my Dad. And I got to kiss Nana goodnight. The dog came and cuddled in my lap.

It was enough.

No comments: