Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh My!

Somtimes I think I must be God's Jester. I mean I must just give him rolling fits of laughter. Course, if that was the case, that would imply I try to be amusing and end up in these off the wall scenarios. I swear I don't work at it at all.

My brother and I had a conversation today about someone I know. My brother (the Southern Baptist Minister, I might add) refers to this individual by a a common nickname for the name Richard (and this person's name is not Richard, by the way.)

There is someone in my life that I find myself defending on a regular basis to the other people in my life that I care about. It's rather frustrating. They only see the one angle of the picture and I see the entire art work. To be fair, their assessment of the part they see is accurate, but there is so much more to this person.

Anyway, my brother kept calling him Richard. I pointed out that I was under the impression that in married life Richard is actually a really nice thing. My brother informed me that this was Richard with a gold ring and a leash, but I was dealing with an uncontrolled immature Richard and therefore should be more aware.

Poor Richard. They've never even met him and my family has issues with him. I imagine he would be apauled. Yet, regardless, I will stand by Richard in this stressful time in his life. He really is struggling and my heart goes out to him.

Figuring out our lives is such a difficult thing. My prayers are with Richard tonight.

No comments: