Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Not Safe

This past weekend was so wonderful. I came home feeling refreshed, excited and energized.

Now I feel violated and humiliated.

Facebook was something I always heard about, but wasn't really part of. Recently I got on it so I could keep track of a lot of the young people in my life and have a place to post pictures.

Someone, who I know through camp, thought it would be funny to post a picture of a whale lying on top of a person and say that it was a picture of me and another friend of mine (male) having sex. Several of my other friends pointed out that this was not really a funny joke and it should be taken down. It's been up nearly a week. The "photographer" has said to several people it's just a joke, all in good fun...

More than anything I am hurt. Not because of the implication that I have a sexual relationship with someone I don't. He and I flirt and are both comfortable with what our relationship is, so what's the point... It's the whale thing.

That is just cruel and unnessesary and it's not funny. Definately not something you do to friends.

Subsequently I have removed them from my friends list and blocked them. There is nothing else I want to talk to them about. Ever. True, they work at camp, but we are in different areas, and I just don't choose to have anything to do with someone who would do something like that, and further refuse to accept rebuke (by others, not even me, I have said nothing) and take it down. Maybe some of us make mistakes, but we correct them or appologize...

Worst, I hate like feeling a kintegartener sitting by myself in the sand box crying.

I went from feeling warm and loved yesterday to feeling unsafe today.

Not good, not fun, not right.

3 comments:

Prospero said...

Jeez, what an egocentric jerk...not so much as a hint of consideration for you or your friend. Yeah, definitely in bad taste.

Mr. Nauton said...

Wow, after reading your posts and thinking you are an amazing person, very honest and open and obviously have your priorities in order to be so Thankful, I want to 1) Thank YOU and 2) go punch out the photographer guy... just let me know where to find him, you deserve your honor defended.

Dreaming again said...

Hugs, prayers ... how easy it is to find ourselves back in that school yard isn't it?

But, we both did find our way out, to realize that we are women of God.

What a wonderful God we serve.

The girl who sent mine, could not meet my eyes today at church. There was an altercall, and I went to get the youth pastor and his wife to pray for me. She became very upset, so much so, her mother had to go over to her, and her husband to calm her down.

I told our youth pastor that I would not reveal to him who it is, but it is not one of 'our kids', so he needs to leave it alone. (it's an adult volunteers, so eyes will be WIDE open)

I have put into effect in my life 'operation heaping coals' ..from the scripture that says that we are to heap coals upon the head of those who offend us ... I will warm her from head to toe, make sure she is blessed, meet any need I can.
I will love her till she asks me why.

She did this because she is broken ... and I'll be doggone if I'll let the devil continue to break her, and break me in the process.

I changed from ministry of behind the scenes music, to teens and kids because I had a heart for the broken girl ... and just because it's an adult working with them (adult ...21 or 22 years?) doesn't mean she doesn't qualify.

Yep ..God's woman warrior :D ... God's enemy just expected it to be the person who attacked me ...not him. He underestimated my faith.