Monday, November 05, 2007

Recommitted

Today is Day 1 on my new commitment to myself and my health.

Starting today I am at 2000 calories a day, even on weekends (though I may incorporate a bit of a break/reward in there somewhere once a week or so... but not a whole day and not the whole weekend!), I'm going to work with my trainer 3 times a week, giving it everything when I do, and starting in January I am going to go back to running. I am going to try to find a 5 or 10 K that i can do in the late spring, before camp starts as the achievement of these goals. Maybe I can go to my "hometown" and run with the alligators, if there is one there then, I bet I could find running partners...

"Recommitted and it feels so good..."

2 comments:

Prospero said...

I'm very happy you're recommitting to your goals. You know I loved you anyway, but I don't tell you enough how much of a difference I notice when I see you. You really have come a ways since I first met you. I pray you continue to progress and be fulfilled by your regimen.

Anonymous said...

I've also committed myself to limited caloric intake...I'm wanting to drop about 2" from my waist and have had a hard time doing it...something about getting older and all that??

Good luck on your running....I used to run a couple of miles a day until the ligaments in my left knee decided that wasn't a good idea anymore. I would, however, gladly help you keep pace and offer encouragement from my Harley. Would that help? ;)