Sunday, November 04, 2007

Soup, More Mice (!) and Fat Lady Singing!

Hello Sunday!

Someone asked for the soup recipe, and I've posted that, before, so here's the link, though now I use chopped up crystallized ginger instead of ginger-ale and add about a cup of chunky peanut butter to dissolve, giving it a bit more Thai flavor, but it still works.

Orange Soup

So turns out Nana did not hallucinate the mouse. In my own defense she has imagined extra dogs, and people in the house before, so it's not like my assessment was cruel. I guess we have to go get traps. Hopefully that works better than it did at camp.

Also, and I can't remember if this was posted earlier, I am totally over my Crush. Seriously. I was surprised again to think about it this afternoon. Turns out my therapist was right. This so does not need to be a big deal. If I just recognize it, accept it for what it is and move on, it goes away and I am not crazy (er...) at all! Can you hear the fat lady singing?

And as a side note, I always thought facebook was really annoying. I joined this past week. It's not so bad and not as complicated or weird as I thought. I've even found some of my old students from Florida. They don't necessarily know that yet, and I may do nothing about it, but it's nice to see that they grew up... No significant disfigurements...

I am really looking forward to this week. Good things are coming I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hate to hear about the mice...a little peanut butter on the mouse-trap works better than cheese!

Should it be "congratulations" or "condolences" about the 'crush'? I've been told a million times in my life that "things happen for a reason"...it's especially aggravating when it takes a while for the reason to show itself but it is still, generally, true.

"Never a door closes that another does not open"....

I'm being a 'student' again this week....I'll try to keep you in mind and not give my instructor too hard of a time----then again, he's teaching a class of 30- and 40-something guys from the "gas patch" so he shouldn't expect things to go too smoothly, right?

Have an awesome week!!!

Prospero said...

Y'know I had a dream involving mice last night. 'course it also involved acid spitting dinosaurs, secret agents, and elevators, so I don't think it had anything to do with your pest problem. At least I hope not.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FukFMcCFyAo

Again, I'm glad the crush things isn't a problem anymore. I've been praying about it, and hoping everything would turn out right.