Thursday, January 10, 2008

Today's Joy

Some days it is enough...

Most days it is enough...

Today it was enough...

The joy of others.

Engagements. Weddings. Babies. Jobs. Scholarships. Futures. Successful Outcomes.

Of others.

It's enough.

Today.

Nana is with me, today.

They took out that rotten tooth and she and I talked and she was the most lucid she's been in a month.

I could forget that I'm overwhelmed, and exhausted and terrified...

That May is coming and I don't know what to do or how I'm going to do it.

I reaveled in the hope and excitement of this coming summer. The old friends, comfortable relationships, new faces, new possibilities...

Today I am focusing on the joy of the others around me.

Today it is enough.

Lindsey and I were talking today. We talked about how much better I am, about how the therapy is helping, about how I was ready to grow beyond stuff, how God had a plan, a purpose.

We talked about how my heart is healing.

It is, and right now it is healing faster then my life is shredding it...

Sometimes I think that is possible because of the joy of others.

Today it is enough.

I'm praying it will be tomorrow, too.

No comments: