Monday, June 23, 2008

Radio Abuse

Long time ago, when I was a young teacher, I envied the administrators with their two way radios. Maybe it was some kind of police-woman fantasy, but (for lack of a better term) it really turned me on. Ya know?

Six summers at camp tethered to one of those things and, yeah, I'm totally over it.

In my case, campers on radios becomes a singular pain. They think it's funny to spew obsenity and jarring noise for hours.

So last night, or rather, this morning, I "thought" I might have heard the word "emergency." Course with the four and a half hours straight of radio play, who could be sure. I notified the administration and at 0030 hours we had a saftey emergency drill.

While I am pretty sleepy, it is kind of exhilierating to not be the only person kept up all night by that stupid squaking device. Seeing the nodding heads of children at breakfast brought me a perverse joy.

Maybe I like radios after all?

Funny. No one else does anymore...

No comments: