Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pardon?

We've been working on the unit for six weeks...

Friday was the test...

Young lady walked right up to me.

"So, do I have to take the test today?"

"Why wouldn't you take it today?"

"I was absent yesterday."

"Well that was unfortunate."

"I missed the review."

"But not the six weeks of the unit before hand..."

"So I have to take the test today?"

"Yeah, go figure."

Then same child's mother decided she wants to start popping in, unannounced to observe me, because, "I like to keep teachers on their toes..."

And the woman took notes!

But, on the better note, I get to go to ENGLAND for two weeks this summer!

Yay me!

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

I probably told you, but I decided to go to school to get a degree in psychology. Since got sick shortly after starting college, I'm essentially starting at the beginning. I've only got 26 hours in. It's odd being a 43 year old freshman in college! But, I have found I'm not the only one.

What I do find odd, is one woman in my developmental psych class ... she's lost her book, lost her notes several times, has asked several people for copies of theirs (the copy machines are a quarter a page ...and she hasnt' offered to re emburse the person for the pages!)

HUGE test over 9 chapters on Wednesday. Several of us decided to do a study group the night before.
Everyone else cancelled but her. I knew that she was really behind and so, even though I was exhausted, I went anyway. I had my notes organized and prepared ...and looked up according to what page they were on ... and ...

She came (an hour late!) and wrote it all down ...

and then .. wednesday ..didn't show up for the test.

I was fit to be tied. I could have spent that time laying down studying (with my body, I needed that option!) ARGH!

This isn't high school, if she read her syllubus, this professor ..doesn't let you back in the door till you've made up the test! I wonder what monday will bring.

I just don't get people.

Beth said...

Ahh, you've got to love kid logic. I wasn't here = I'm not responsible. Yeah right! Nice parent...too. Maybe she should hold her child a tad bit more accountable rather than worrying so much about her child's teacher.