Thursday, July 26, 2007

Miss You

It is Thursday and I am back to being a responsible adult in education. But as I look around and work on classrooms and lesson plans, I miss them

I miss the "Sandy, can we talk?" I miss the knocks on the door, the sound of shuffling feet. I miss the requests for a shoulder rub and most of all I miss the banter.

I miss Randy, Sunshine, Danny, Batch, Mark, Diamond, Charles, Matt B, Kastner, Drew, Jason, all the Josh's, Amanda, Sam, Papesh, and Mike.

It's funny how much I miss them. The rules are very clear too, we don't call, write or e-mail unless it is about camp and specific to camp... That's months away...

The power some of these boys/men have to make me feel important, connected and whole is amazing. The ways they can confuse and wound me is equally impressive. I haven't decided for sure what makes it the experience it is. It is so difficult to explain.

Whatever, this evening, as I sit in my living room, hacking up a lung from Bronchitis... thanks for that by the way, and you know who you are... getting ready for bed and planning my day tomorrow, I miss them....

If you are reading, I miss you, all, a lot. I miss feeling like I really matter. Sometimes I only feel like that when I'm with you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandy you really have a way with words and you can only imagine the way we all miss you.

Sunshine