Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Reputation...

Overheard...

"Which one is that teacher in the trailer?"

"You know, the one that was wearing purple yesterday."

"Who pays attention to what color they are wearing?"

"You know, the one that tried to fall up the hill during the fire drill..."

"Oh yeah, that's Miss X, the real tall lady."

Yes, when I tried to exit the practice field after the fire drill I tried to walk straight up the incline. Maybe I was still in camp mode... where I wear sturdy hiking boots. Today I was in walking sandals and a full gauze multi colored skirt, and a deep purple top, and therefore not equipped for the incline. Luckily as I slid down, my skirt spread out around me making my fall very graceful, almost like some lopsided curtsy or Texas Dip (I think that's what they call them?). The skirt kept everything covered, but it took ten minutes in the bathroom to get all the grass of my slip (all the static between the skirt and slip). I imagine it looked pretty funny... I laughed anyway.

The assistant principal smiled indulgently and said, "Miss X, you and your class can walk around this way..."

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that...

Who can beat that for making an impression. And I was afraid I would never get a good reputation...

No comments: