Saturday, October 06, 2007

Do you ever wonder...

My mom asked me Friday, on the phone, as we were discussing her plans to come visit and help take care of Nana while I am on vacation,

"Do you ever think about just not giving Nana her medications?"


No, Mom, I don't. I never think about that. Frankly I am disturbed and disgusted that you do. Especially when you add to the discussion your feeling that it is a shame that all of Nana's assets will go to pay for her health care costs over the next ten years and how that isn't fair because her family, aka you, should get it instead.

Today I am ashamed to be your daughter. You are no longer welcome to be alone with my grandmother.

You can visit, but I will be here while you visit.

Just so we are clear.

My grandmother will not go home until God takes her and not a day or minute before and not because of your machinations.

No, Mother, I never wonder.

No comments: